[GRASS-user] Points defining a boundary to area

Andruit at gmx.de Andruit at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 08:46:14 EDT 2008

Hello,
i have a couple of points, defining a boundary. I would like to convert these points into a boundary. how can I do that?

I wrote the points into an ascii file und tried to use v.in.ascii.

B 65 1
 x y
 x y
 .
 .
 .
1 1

But the points are not connected like I want them to be connected. probably the problem is that the point s in the ascii file are not sorted. Thus the first point in the ascii file is conneted with the second  and so on. The result is that the polygon looks more like a star and not like a proper polygon. Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem???

Thanks

Andi

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03