[GRASS-user] Going back to 6.3

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Mon Dec 1 14:51:11 EST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 8:51 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2008, at 10:33 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>
>>> If you are using my GRASS 6.3, there is no need to delete
>>> ActiveTcl.  It has its own internal TclTk X11 binaries that it
>>> explicitly uses.  In fact, no need to delete 6.3 before installing
>>> 6.4.
>>
>> 6.4 actually overwrote 6.3.  I'd assumed the reverse would be true.
>
> Odd, GRASS 6.3 and 6.4 have different names:
>
> GRASS-6.3.app
> GRASS-6.4.app

I can confirm that the 6.4 install doesn't actually delete
GRASS-6.3.app, it just "empties" it out.  So that it is now 6.5 meg,
while it used to be much larger (6.4 is 74 meg).  And when I double
click on 6.3 I get a error in my log:
posix_spawnp("/Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/GRASS", ...):
No such file or directory

So it looks like the 6.4 installer deletes most, but not all, of the
stuff that was in 6.3.