[GRASS-user] LANDSAT data archive now free

Masayuki Naruse pockel at nifty.ne.jp
Fri Dec 12 08:43:53 EST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:28:15 +0900
Masayuki Naruse <pockel at nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:07:06 +0900
> Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> > maning sambale wrote:
> > > We can now access the full 35+ years of archive Landsat 1 through 7 for free.
> >
> > Where can the archive be accessed?
> >
> Hi,
>
> The information was posted by Michael Barton at 22 Apr 2008 to this mailing list.
> In the attached PDF file, the images available at "http://glovis.usgs.gov/"
> or "http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov", and the details of the information is available at "http://landsat.usgs.gov/".
>
> Now LANDSAT 7 images are available at no charge.  LANDSAT 5's images will be available within December.  And the others' images may be avaliable by the end of January 2009.
>
> --
> Masayuki Naruse <pockel at nifty.ne.jp>

I would like to correct the information.

In the message box at "http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov", it was wrote as
"NOTICE 12/8/2008: The USGS now offers all users the entire Landsat 1-5 and 7 archive data at no charge using a standard data product recipe. Previous USGS products offered are no longer available. Please visit landsat.usgs.gov for more information. High demand for this data may result in slow performance and processing times. We apologize for any inconvenience."

But now the system may be not work correctly.
At the time of posting my last message, the site was work correctly and I could
select datasets and displayed world map so that I could select the satellite images.

--
Masayuki Naruse <pockel at nifty.ne.jp>