[GRASS-user] trouble with dbf under WINGRASS

Niels Thevs nt001582 at pop.uni-greifswald.de
Fri Feb 15 16:05:10 EST 2008

Dear all,

last week we had a workshop about WINGRASS (grass 6.3 CR$) and Q-
GIS (0.9.1) with students who use satellite images for their theses.
We used 20 computers all with the same software WINGRASS (grass
6.3 CR$), MSYS, TCL 8.4, and Q-GIS (0.9.1). We encountered the following
problems with the dbf files:
On 2 out of 20 computers no dbf file was written when we imported
shape files into GRASS.
We were not able to use v.to.db to cvalculate areas of polygons.
The commands to add or remove columns did not work.
When we intersected vector layers about 4 out of 20 computers did
not wirte a new dbf file for the intersection result.

One computer did not remove or alter masks. The GRASS shell under
Q-GIS did not recognize the command r.mask.

All other things went very well.

Regards

Niels

Dr. Niels Thevs
Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology
Greifswald University
Grimmer Str. 88
17487 Greifswald
Tel.: +49-3834-86-4137