[GRASS-user] Installing R under cygwin

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:10:44 EST 2008

Hi Jan,
Why do you want R under Cygwin? You simply need R to be installed
under Windows. Cygwin shell "talks" with R windows version.

 - So, first install R under Windows.

 - Run Cygwin, run grass. It will open an XWindow, but don't use it.

 - So, if you have spgrass6 installed on your Windows R version, you
can load it from     cygwin, with "library(spgrass6)", and you're
ready to interface with Grass.
To try if it runs well, type gmeta6(). It will print the metadata
infos about Grass (region, mapset, etc.)

Giovanni