[GRASS-user] GRASS winver 6.3.svn(2007)

Malm Paul paul.malm at saabgroup.com
Tue Jan 8 04:05:34 EST 2008

Hi,
has anyone qot the windows version to work?
I'm new to GRASS and I'm not sure if I'm doing this the right way.
I'm trying to create contour lines from a DTED file (name=f2227)

g.region rast=f2227 -p
d.erase
d.rast f2227
r.contour in=f2227 out=elev_c_10m step=10 --o
 the r.contour program starts but nothing happends!!

I'm also trying to triangulate the dted file:

First I tried to create vector points from the dted file
r.to.vect input=f2227 output=point1 feature=point -s
 the program starts but nothing happends!!

Then I succeded to create the point file in Qgis GRASS module
after that I draped the pointfile with the elevation file (2D to 3D) in
Qgis.
It created a new point (point3d) file but I can't se if it is in 3D.

but the:
v.delaunay input=point3d output=deltriang
Craches after a while in Qgis

in WinGRASS
the delaunay function completes (without any succeed- or error message).

But when I'm trying to view the layer, I'm getting the following
message:
"coor files of vector deltriang is larger than it should be (9287051
bytes excess)"
and
"Cannot display areas, topology not availible"

Has anyone been able to triangulate a dted file?

Kind regards,
Paul