[GRASS-user] Vector drawings in PDF -> converting them

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 17 03:03:26 EST 2008

ok, the problems are with the curves.

The ogr2ogr tool has a converter from Interlis to other ogrformats.
Interlis supports arcs (defined by three points). They also calculate new
vertices along the arcs to be compatible to other formats that don't
support curves. One can define how many

Every SVG viewer has code on how to display curves (arcs, quadratic and
cubic spline curves). But I don't know if you can dig up and work with
that code directly. Many of them probably forward their drawing commands
to underlying graphics libraries like Cairo, AGG, OpenVG, Java2D, etc.

As you said, you might also want to ask the Batik developers on the Batik
list. These people are usually friendly and often help where they can.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland