[GRASS-user] problems starting wxPython gui using wingrass

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jan 17 13:17:19 EST 2008

If the digitizing module needs SWIG to compile, I suggest that the
developers of the digitizing module do the SWIG processing and have
those preprocessed files in the source, so that endusers compiling
GRASS don't have to worry about yet another developer-only extra.  I
don't know how common or "standard" SWIG is on other systems, but it's
not part of the older OSX developer tools (Xcode 2) still in wide use,
though it was added to the Leopard developer tools (Xcode 3).

GDAL and MapServer do this.  Qgis does this at least for the release
source.

On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I have no idea about the others. But the wxPython errors are because
> you need to install swig and configure --with-python in order to
> create the new digitizing module. The rest of the gui looks like
> it's OK.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro