[GRASS-user] i.rectify - how long is too long

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 18 18:25:05 EST 2008

I'm using 1st order and 13 GCPs on an image and i.rectify has been running
over 3 hours.  Is the process locking up or is this amount of time normal
in image rectification?  Is i.rectify processing just the area of the
image to be rectified, of is it calculating for the whole target mapset
area?  In other words, should I have applied a mask to the target mapset
before running the georectify tool in order to cut down on processing
time?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Image info:

 | Layer:    D-10 at PERMANENT                 Date: Fri Jan 18 08:17:14 2008

 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator: me        |
 | Location: x-y    |
 | DataBase: /gis/oahu_flightlines                     |
 | Title:     ( D-10 )    |
 | Timestamp: none    |

 |    |
 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 255    |
 |   Data Type:    CELL    |
 |   Rows:         4171    |
 |   Columns:      3280    |
 |   Total Cells:  13680880    |
 |        Projection: x,y    |
 |            N:       4171    S:          0   Res:     1    |
 |            E:       3280    W:          0   Res:     1    |
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 255    |
 |    |
 |   Data Description:    |
 |    generated by r.in.gdal    |
 |    |
 |   Comments:    |
 |    r.in.gdal input="/gis/oahu_flightlines/D/D-10\   |
 |    .jpg" output="D-10"    |
 |    |

Computer:

Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 2 dualcore Intel Xeon (4 cores total), 4Gb RAM

GRASS:

GRASS 6.3.0RC4 (2008)

Luis E. Menoyo
U.S. Geological Survey