[GRASS-user] v.coordinate.sh - improve this script?

Gabriele N. gis.gn at libero.it
Thu Jan 24 08:13:47 EST 2008

Hi list.
I made a script (attached) for the definition of interactive text file
(containing the coordinates input and output) to be loaded later in
v.transform.

It is useful to write automatically coordinates in the text file.

Operation is simple:
- A load map (not georeference) and the map B (which may be raster or
vector) and will open 2 monitor.

- We need to move the first monitor to the side of the second monitor.

- Proceed doing a zoom (if necessary) on the first monitor (A map) and then
identifying the input point (GCP) with one click. After this transaction
will be made to locate the point on the second monitor (B map).
The pairs of points are identifying 4 (at least 4). For more points see a
graphic which will require to continue with the process or not.

- After the inclusion of the points in your / home will be a text file
'coordinate.txt' formatted for use in v.transform.

The script is certainly improved. For example viewing points included
(example i.points, d.path) or shifting automatically monitors or using snap
for the insertion points etc. ...

I have no programming experience, and I hope that someone can help me
improve.

Gabriele

PS
Necessary installing xdialog and xmessage

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15063748/v.coordinate.sh v.coordinate.sh