[GRASS-user] Inverse PCA in GRASS

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:23:10 EST 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008, Brad Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 14:58 -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 January 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > I could still reproduce the manual page examples :)
> > >
> > > The question is if we want to introduce Fortran code again in the
> > > main repository.
> > >
> > > Markus
> >
> > Good that the examples still work. Is there a general feeling toward
> > _not_ introducing Fortran code back into the dev branch?
>
> +1.  More trouble that it's worth.  Please add C port to the TODO list.

Hmm..

While I agree in principle that having code from more than 1 lang can be a
pain to manage, I do like the approach used in R where numerous langs are
supported.

Since I cannot do the re-write, and the functionality seems worth the effort I
would vote 0 .

Getting someone familiar with what the Fortran code is actually doing would be
important if we considered re-writing it...

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory