[GRASS-user] SHELL variable not set

Roberto Antolin roberto.antolin at polimi.it
Mon Jan 28 13:17:12 EST 2008

Hello Martin and all,

Martin Wegmann escribió:

> Is is a GRASS or Linux specific problem? Any idea which SHELL variable I have
> to set? And how to do so?

I'm not sure, but I think you have to set just the SHELL variable. Try
to check in this way: 'echo $SHELL'. If you get nothing then you can set
it to '/bin/bash' in the terminal you are using. If you want to set it
permanently, try this: chsh -s /bin/bash. You can use BASH or whatever
other shell you like.

I hope this helps,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano - Polo Regionale di Como