[GRASS-user] dyld: Library not loaded

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 16 22:44:52 EDT 2008

Sorry, I missed your first message.  I realize that I include gpsbabel
1.3.4 in my GRASS, though 1.3.5 is in my todo list.  I don't think
v.in.gpsbabel has a problem, it's gpsbabel itself.

When you say you updated to gpsbabel 1.3.5, where did you get it or
did you compile from source?

It almost looks like you got a gpsbabel binary that was compiled on
Leopard (10.5) - Leopard includes /usr/lib/libexpat, but Tiger does
not.  Also, it looks like you replaced the gpsbabel in my GRASS binary
with your updated one.

The gpsbabel I include in my GRASS binary has libexpat built into it
so there is no need to worry about that.  Try restoring my gpsbabel,
or is there a specific need for the new 1.3.5?

On Jul 16, 2008, at 9:06 PM, Dwight Needels wrote:

> on 7/11/08 12:03 PM, Dwight  Needels at needels at translucida.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I get an error when I try to run v.in.gpsbabel...
>>
>> v.in.gpsbabel -t input=/Users/dwight/t_Westfield.gpx output=Westfield
>> format=gpx

>> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
>> Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/
>> gpsbabel
>> Reason: image not found
>> /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/scripts/v.in.gpsbabel:
>> line 283:
>> 27874 Trace/BPT trap
>> gpsbabel $TYPE -i $GIS_OPT_FORMAT $GPSdevice $PROGVERBOSE -o gpx -F
>> "$TMP".gpx
>> ERROR: Error loading data from gpsbabel
>>
>> I have done this in the past without any problem, but four things
>> that have
>> changed since the last time I tried are: (1) upgraded to GRASS
>> version 6.3,
>> (2) switched from Lorenzo’s binary to William Kyngesburye’s, (3)
>> upgraded to
>> GPSBabel 1.3.5 and (4) switched to use SQLite instead of DBF.
>>
>> From within a GRASS session, attempts to use gpsbabel to convert a
>> track to a
>> route fail with the same dyld: Library not loaded message, but not
>> if I use an
>> explicit path to my installed version of gpsbabel. It is in my
>> PATH, and works
>> fine if I run it from a fresh Terminal session. Does this mean it
>> is an issue
>> with gpsbabel within the GRASS package?
>>
>> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>>
>> GRASS 6.3cvs
>> gpsbabel 1.3.5
>> Macintosh PPC
>> MacOS X 10.4.11
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Dwight
>>
> Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get g.in.gpsbabel to work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dwight

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war