[GRASS-user] Is it i.albedo or r.albedo?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 22:34:25 EDT 2008

> In my folder "/usr/local/src/grass-addons/gipe" I
> read:
> i.albedo
> i.vi
> i.vi.mpi
>
> At http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns
> I read r.albedo, r.vi, r.vi.mpi, etc.
>
> What is the correct prefix for these (gipe) addons?

the wiki page is out of date.

a module's Makefile determines the build name, e.g.
 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/gipe/i.albedo/Makefile
"PGM = i.albedo"

I notice that the Makefile and imagery_Makefile in grass-addons/gipe/ are duplicates of the Makefiles in the main grass raster/ and imagery/ dirs with addon modules added into them. This is problematic as it will become out of date every time the original one changes. e.g. the new r.category module is missing from the gipe version. Better just to have a gipe Makefile which includes all gipe modules and nothing else.
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/gipe

Hamish