[GRASS-user] Multiple character enconding

Jarekj jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Jun 13 15:11:29 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler pisze:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Manuel Sangiao <masanlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi grasslist,
>>
>> I have a MIF/MID file with city names of europa. I have imported this one
>> into GRASS
>>

> I suppose you used v.in.ogr?
>

>> and I've worked with the layer in sqlite.
Did you see characters in GRASS properly (i.e with national characters?
what was the encoding of Mapinfo files?. As I remeber Mapinfo files code
chars in natiolnal standards (for example for polish it  is often
windows 1250)
mid is comma separated ascii file try tu check his encoding - if it is
UTF-8 try to use postgreSQL instead SQLIte