[GRASS-user] raster data to ascii

Martina Schaefer smartina at mun.ca
Fri Jun 13 17:21:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for your answer to my raster/ascii questions and sorry for the
late replay, I had to move to something else for a moment (deadline for
corrections to a paper) and then I was a bit playing around with the
commands you showed me.

g.region followed by r.stats or r.out.ascii does indeed what I was
looking for, but in my Map Display window is still written the old
resolution and I think the map is also drawn with the old resolution. Is
there a possibility to do these?
In fact, the simple resampling with the nearest-neighbour is probably
not good enough, so I was trying r.surf.idw as I can't make your
commands r.resamp work, and I would like to visualize my interpolation
without each time exporting to ascii and visualizing with another program!

Is there also a possibility to save the data with the new resolution, so
that I don't have to do it each time?

And, one last question, I have three sets of raster data of the same
region (ice thickness, bedrock and surface elevation of a glacier). How
can I get them into the same grass LOCATION? I would like to have access
to them at the same time and also make some simple operations like for
example the difference of two of the datasets!

Thanks again for your help!

Martina