[GRASS-user] Label placement mechanism in GRASS?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Jun 19 08:38:53 EDT 2008

On 19.06.2008 15:24, Hamish wrote:

> once we resolve issues it is my goal that v.label.sa becomes a flag
> of v.label instead of another module. that way the features won't get
> out of sync as they are now. (e.g. fixed fontsize=)

The problem is that v.label.sa needs to always use map sizes or then
convert the shape points into display coordinates, since it needs to
calculate things like label overlap with features etc.

For now I haven't wanted to muck around with monitors (they are about to
change anyway), which I believe is the only way to calculate a point
size into a map units size.

> Sorry for the d.labels/ps.map ref="none" patch delay Wolf.. ASAP

No problems I've been busy myself.

--wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>