[GRASS-user] v.clean and database cleaning

Miha Staut mihastaut at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 03:07:47 EDT 2008

Recently I ran v.clean tool=rmarea on a v.overlay result and surprised discovered that despite the command did get rid of small areas the corresponding database table was not updated accordingly. E.g. from 136 areas resulting from v.overlay after v.clean only 120 remained. The new table, however still had 136 rows.

Since the purpose is to use the cleaned table in further, non-spatial analysis I am asking if there is a way to clean the table of all redundant rows not corresponding to any area.

Thanks for your help
Miha