[GRASS-user] import satellite data in Grass

Martina Schaefer smartina at mun.ca
Wed Jun 25 09:49:20 EDT 2008

Hi again,

>> What I also want to do, is measure distances and angles between
>> objects on my images. For the moment I don't really see where
>> to search for this kind of tools. I thought that it would be possible
>> to draw lines and measure them and angles between them?
>
> m.cogo might help. or 'v.distance upload=to_along,to_angle', d.measure, v.to.db...
>
> In general beware to double check results/meaning if using a lat/lon location (see d.rhumbline and d.geodesic), or map projection with possibly heavy distortion at far distances.
>
> If you build the Python SWIG interface there is also a m.distance module to look at.
>
> see also this thread+code patch from March:
>  "How to find out an angle between to points on the map"
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/22817/
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/25396/

d.measure works fine finally for measuring distances (even if I don't
get to work the command line d.measure but only the one in menu of the
Map Display).
But I still don't have an idea about how to measure the angle between
two of this drawn lines.
I went through the thread indicated about, but I didn't understand
anything :-(.

Thanks for your help,
	Martina