[GRASS-user] New User Getting Started

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jun 25 09:57:18 EDT 2008

Try using r.stats (inputing both maps) to get a text file output of the
matching values from both maps. Then feed this into something that will make
your graphs (stat program, spreadsheet, etc.).

Michael

On 6/25/08 1:03 AM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:25:21 -0700
> From: Brock Anderson <brocka at uvic.ca>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] New User Getting Started
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm new to GRASS, and I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice to
> get me started...
>
> I have two netcdf raster grids.  One is seafloor age, the other is
> seafloor depth.  The files both cover the same geographic area,
> although the grids are different resolutions.
>
> What I want to do is plot a simple x-y graph of seafloor age vs.
> depth, where each point in my graph represents the a seafloor age
> grid cell and the intersecting seafloor depth cell.
>
> Can this be done?  Can anyone suggest some basic steps to get me
> started?  No instruction is too basic for me -- this is my first day
> with GRASS.  I have just installed GRASS (and R, just in case it's
> necessary), but otherwise I have no idea how to proceed.
>
> Thanks,
> Brock

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity