[GRASS-user] installation problems

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 26 08:41:29 EDT 2008

Abhinandan,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Abhinandan Raghavan
<abhinandan.raghavan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble with installing grass in my directory. I would like to
> install grass locally as I don't have root privileges. I've completed
> installing proj4 in a local area but cannot get grass to realize that it has
> been installed. when I run the configure script, I get the following
> message:
>
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate External PROJ.4 includes.

you need to use these parameters of configure:
  --with-proj-includes=DIRS
  --with-proj-libs=DIRS   External PROJ.4 library files are in DIRS
  --with-proj-share=DIR   External PROJ.4 data files are in DIR

to indicate the directories.

Hint: I personally don't even install GRASS but run it from the
directory where I compiled. The start script is in bin.$ARCH, e.g.
./bin.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/grass64

Hope this helps
Markus