[GRASS-user] r.resamp.stats

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 03:04:14 EST 2008

christian Brandt wrote:
> How can I resample raster data within GRASS 6.2.

r.resample (nearest neighbor) or r.resamp.rst (splines) are there in
GRASS 6.2.

> Please note that the r.resample commands within the qgis 0.9.2
> plugin do not work either.

more details? how does it "not work"? Have you filed a bug report?

> Or do I have to install the 6.3 (not stable?) version?

If you want access to the new r.resamp.interp (bilinear, bicubic
expansion) and r.resamp.stats (aggregate reduction) modules you will
need 6.3.

You could try using 6.3.0rc5 if you like, it is very usable and could
use more testers.

By "not stable" for us that mostly means "the existing feature set is
frozen*" and "code is not uber-stable**". This is similar to Debian's
definition of "stable"; their "unstable" distribution is probably more
stable than most other distro's "stable" releases due to years of
strong self-discipline.

* frozen: you can count on any commands, documentation, and scripts you
wrote for that version to keep on working in the same way for any
future version of GRASS 6.x.

** not uber-stable: newer code lacks the many years of testing the rest
of GRASS's code enjoys, and so there may be some obscure bugs still
waiting to be discovered.

Hamish