[GRASS-user] v.surf.rst and null values

jessica.gervais at tudor.lu jessica.gervais at tudor.lu
Mon Mar 3 12:39:30 EST 2008

Dear all,

I have a set of data points in a semi-column separated file(example file :
test.txt)
For each location, I have meteo data have been recorded.
Missing values are represented by represented by blank.
I am using v.in.ascii to import these points.
Then, I want to interpolate these point data with v.surf.rst.
The interpolation should use only points where there data was recorded,
e.g. to skip points were there is missing value.
But v.surf.rst threat the missing values as is they were "0".

Do anyone know how to specify to the v.surf.rst function that blank values
are null values ?
Or maybe I should define these point as null values when I import the
points with v.in.ascii ?

Many thanks in advance,

Jessica

Thanks in advance

Jessica Gervais
Tel: +352- 425991-628
Mail: jessica.gervais at tudor.lu

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
Technoport Schlassgoart,
66 rue de Luxembourg,
P.O. BOX 144,