[GRASS-user] a few suggestions and questions

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 05:34:09 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/3/4, Carlos Guâno Grohmann <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>:
>  first I'd like to make a few suggestions to enhance (IMO) our favorite GIS:
>
>  - normalize the options in all modules. I noticed that while most
>  commands take "--overwrite", some (r.neighbors) use "-o"

todo for grass7 development, renaming/removing module parameters
cannot be done in grass6 because of backward compatability.

>  - some modules require a dummy value when output a list (r.mask,
>  r.proj, v.proj..). Is this really necessary? this is a very confusing
>  option (specially for newbies).

Please collect all wishes on wiki [1] or better report in trac, e.g. [2].

>  - also, I think that _all_ fields (gui speaking now) where a
>  raster/vector map is to be entered should have the select button, no
>  matter if it is a field for new maps, because it makes the whole thing
>  consistent, and it is easier for new users to understant how things
>  work.

are you talking about tcl/tk or wxpython GUI?

Martin

[1] http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_7_ideas_collection
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=7.0.0

Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *