[GRASS-user] Ongoing r.in.wms issue

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 5 20:54:36 EST 2008

Hamish,

Previously you had asked me to supply the output with debug set. I think
I had sent something, but in case I forgot (office moves are very
disruptive), here is all the debug information that popped out:

D1/1: -n

Everything else is as you have seen before...

/Applications/Grass-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/r.in.wms/wms.download:
line 118: eval: -n: invalid option
eval: usage: eval [arg ...]
(etc)

The text of the offending line,  both in r.in.wms and wms.download, is:
eval "$line"

- this is in line 437 of r.in.wms as it is now on trac.osgeo.org
- it's on line 118 of wms.download

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer - not even a script programmer -
and can't understand why eval "$line" is a problem on a Leopard machine
but not on an OSX 10.4 machine.

Richard