[GRASS-user] Re: Update - Check points in polygons

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Mar 6 12:19:13 EST 2008

I have not found a way to work directly with postgis tables. You can
use v.in.ogr like this:
v.in.ogr dsn="PG:dbname=your_postgis_db host=yourhost"
layer=table_from_postgis out=new_layer

You then have the postgis table available as a layer in grass, but you
will not be able to edit it directly from grass to my knowledge.
Someone else might be able to supply the v.out.ogr statement that
would update the table in postgis.

Cheers,
John