[GRASS-user] I need help

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 18:28:30 EST 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Paul Kelly wrote:

> Can you give the exact command-line you typed, and the exact error mesage
> (copied and pasted). This would make it a lot easier to debug.
>
> [...]
>> You have to unpack the tar.gz by
>>
>> tar xvfz grass-6.2.2.tar.gz_Linux_bin.tar.gz
>
> No that's not correct. grass6install.sh is the binary installer script

Replying to myself, sorry I missed the very weird looking filename there
(tar.gz in the middle and at the end doesn't look right). I think Philipp
is right and it is actually a source distribution tarball but has been
renamed with bin in the name just to confuse things In which case his
instructions about ./configure, make etc. apply. I'm really just
guessing though.

Paul