[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] v.in.db - dylb failure

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 10 21:37:57 EDT 2008

I don't have anything I can easily test this on here, so can you try
this:

http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/unixport/grass-mysql.zip

unzip it.  Right-click the GRASS application and Show Package
Contents.  Dig into Contents/MacOS/driver/db and replace the "mysql"
there with this one.

On Mar 10, 2008, at 7:19 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Looks like that symbol isn't linking in from the mysql library.
> _all_charsets appears to be a "common" symbol, which is known to
> cause linking problems in OSX's default 2-level namespaces.  Mysql
> is supposed to compile with the -fno-common flag on OSX, but for
> some reason this _all_charsets made it in there.
>
> I'll see what I can do...
>
> On Mar 10, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I seem to be coming up with too many posts, for which I apologise!
>>
>> This time, I have run into a v.in.db error on a colleague's
>> machine. It's running William Kyngesburye's build (6.3 RC5 for
>> Tiger) under OSX 10.4, and generating the following error:
>>
>> dyld: Symbol not found: _all_charsets
>> Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/driver/
>> db/mysql
>> Expected in: /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/
>> libgrass_dbmibase.dylib
>>
>> Would this have something to do with directory links at start?
>>
>> Richard
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
> with hyena offal?
> Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
> a bucket filled with hyena offal?
> First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?
>
> -HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war