[GRASS-user] GRASS selected for Season of Usability 2008!

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Mar 12 19:10:56 EDT 2008

Dear GRASS users!

GRASS has been selected as one of the projects to be supported by this
years
Season of Usability:
http://season.openusability.org/

This means that we will get a review of the GRASS workflow and GUIs by
approved and internationally well known usability experts.
We will soon get in touch with our mentor.

It would be very helpful for us if you could enter you own view of the
current usability show stoppers and areas of improvement here:

The current usability show-stoppers -
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Usability#The_current_usability_show-stoppers

Since I am not a developer nor a everyday user of GRASS I'd like to
addess especially to:
- teachers
- new GRASS users

Please tell us your perceptions!

Thanks in advance & we'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Timmie

P.S. Although I am writing a crosspost I think we should keep the main
discussion on this thread at the GRASS users list.
More development related things will be sent to the devel list.

Reference threads:
- discussion about usablity in GRASS:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/22446
- GRASS in a usability review: