[GRASS-user] r.in.xyz

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 19 00:29:57 EDT 2008

Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> > 5) r.bilinear syntax
> > r.bilinear input=subset output=subsetsurface --overwrite
>
> For the second part of the test:
>
>  I am having trouble to resample with r.resamp.interp mode=bilinear. But
> I think this has to do with the available values (I got only 6 points
> imported)
>
> In the manual one can read as well:
>
> Note that for bilinear and bicubic interpolation, cells of the output
> raster that cannot be bounded by the appropriate number of input cell
> centers are set to null. This could occur due to the input cells being
> outside the current region, being NULL or MASKed.
>
> So, I suppose with a larger sample it shoud feasible.

r.resamp.interp (and r.bilinear) are meant for resampling "filled"
maps. They will propagate any null values, rather than filling them by
interpolating/extrapolating nearby non-null cells.

If you have a "sparse" set of points, import them as a vector map then
use v.surf.rst. I'm not sure if r.fillnulls[1] handles sparse maps
(islands of individual cells), or whether it's limited to filling
small "holes" in mostly-filled maps.

[1] r.fillnulls is a script which uses v.surf.rst for the
interpolation.