[GRASS-user] first littel experience with wxpython GUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:37:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/3/20, Dr. Manuel Seeger <seeger at uni-trier.de>:
> Hi Martin,
>  the mapset was generated by another user. so i have read, but not write
>  access, when I am in grass (command line or gis.m).

Basically you cannot start GRASS with mapset where you have no
permission to write (I see that those mapsets are not displayed in
TCL/TK welcome screen). It seems to be bug in wxPython start-up
screen, those mapsets should be at least disabled. I will fix it in
trunk.

>  So my suggestion was to identify somehow within the start window the
>  files where i might have write access. So there would be no problem when
>  starting grass -wxpython. as it is eg. at the gis.m, wher you sinply do
>  no see the mapsets where you do not have write access (later on, within
>  grass they'r accessible)

yes, you are right now I am starting to get the point:-)

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *