[GRASS-user] New-comer(s): it takes some time to learn. Excuse me/ us for tyranising the list ; -P

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 07:49:42 EDT 2008

Nikos wrote:
> another process for newbies is to understand how the mailing list(s)
> work, how the community interacts, what is allowed and what not.
> An idea is to "force" somehow new subscriber's to read the "rules" or
> recommend to go through the list before asking (before the actual
> verification of subscription? - Maybe this is already done, I don't
> remember!)

Top of the mailing list page:
http://grass.osgeo.org/community/support.php

"Because the mailing lists are so critical to the project's success, and
support comes entirely from time-strapped volunteers and colleagues, we
request some mailing list etiquette be followed."
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Mailing_list_etiquette

suggestions for improvements to that page are welcome.

Hamish