[GRASS-user] modify feature's values interactively

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 08:27:55 EDT 2008

Martin:
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Image:Wxgui-vector-querying-gnulinux.png

Moritz:
> Cool !
> However, I just can't get it to work:
> I have
>
> GRASS 6.3.svn (spearfish60):~ > v.db.connect -p roads
> Vector map <roads at PERMANENT> is connected by:
> Querying in display mode works as expected:
> label : secondary highway, hard surface
>
> But when I try to query it in edit mode, I get:
>
> "No database record available"

just a guess: you were not in the PERMANENT mapset when you tried this
test? You can only edit maps in the current mapset (or at least that
should be the case) -- and the same is true for DBs.

If that is the problem here, I guess we need to add some more tests and
more appropriate error messages.

Hamish