[GRASS-user] "Enter Grass" problem

Rosca Bogdan roscao at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 05:56:01 EDT 2008

Hello!
I recently install Grass 6.2.3 on Opensuse 10.3 an I did not manage to
enter. When I push the "Enter Grass" button, after I choose the map set, the
window dissapear after a second. What is the problem and how can I solve it?
I have to mention that I am completely newbie regarding Linux and grass but
I am willing to learn. I have tried to compile the sources in various Linux
distributions or to install the binaries and I have the same problem. I do
not want to use qgis, and my computer is based on AMD x2 64, with 3GB RAM (I
have installed only x86_64 distributions).
Please help!
Thank you,
Bogdan