[GRASS-user] a beginners question

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Mar 30 12:00:34 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 03:57 -0700, Gazz1982 wrote:
> That doesn't seem to work,
>
> Here is my directory structure under grass
>
> bin
> bwidget
> docs
> driver
> etc
> fonts
> include
> lib
> scripts
>
> I copied the r.horizon2 folder into the bin directory and tried to make it
> it returned the same error
>
> I have superuser/root permissions
>
> I'm sure when i do it once I will be able to do it again and again!
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> there isn't an imagery or raster folder should I make one in the grass
> directory?

Those directories are to be found under the grass' source code
directory, not the installed (GRASS GIS DB). Could you please try again?

Trying to make it more clear:
My grass source code is under "/usr/local/src/grass_trunk". This is
where I keep all source code(s).

The installed grass binaries is to be found
under /usr/loca/grass-6.3.svn

.

(I think I pointing out to the correct way. If not please somebody
correct me.)

[...]

> > In general it must be something like:
> > 1. copy "add-on" directory to /where/your/grass/source/is under the
> > respective generic module category
> >
> > e.g. for i.pr it would be:
> >
> >  cp -r i.pr /where/your/grass/source/is/imagery/

[...]

Cheers,

Nikos