[GRASS-user] raster boundings

Christian Schwartze Christian.Schwartze at uni-jena.de
Tue May 6 04:06:15 EDT 2008

Dear GRASS user,

how can I obtain the boundings of raster subpart like the minimum rectangle
around  a certain category. I need it to specify the region for a
computationally intensive operation on a small part of the entire raster. The
problem I have is the mapcalc step to operate with huge raster datasets
containing "novalue" data mainly together with only small categorized areas.
Defining a mask a
mask for the relevant value doesnt work - the mapcalc takes the same long(!)
time as without a mask. So specifying region is the next idea.

Thanks a lot for some solution...

Regards,
Christian.