[GRASS-user] Configure script problem

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue May 6 22:18:32 EDT 2008

Chris Snook wrote:

> I'm trying to compile GRASS 6.3.0 on openSUSE 10.3 and have encountered
> a problem. The configure script does not recognise the tk.h include
> file. This file is in the same directory as the tcl.h include file. I
> have manually pointed the configure script to the correct directory
> with no success. I recently configured another program that required
> tcl/tk  and that compiled OK. I'm not familiar enough with configure
> scripts to diagnose this problem could somebody point me in the right
> direction?

Look at the config.log file. It lists all of the commands which the
configure script executes, along with any error messages which they
produce.

The usual reason for header checks failing (other than the header
itself being absent) is due to failure of #include directives within
the header. E.g. tk.h includes X11 headers, so if you don't have
those, the check for tk.h will fail.