[GRASS-user] Question: What is the best method to divide the workload of digitiasation of admnistrative borders at national level to multiple users?

Mars Sjoden amagine at telus.net
Thu May 8 13:08:47 EDT 2008

If I may suggest, this is how I would personally oversee the project
at first blush.

Each "small work package" SWP would be divided into its various
sections based on a topologically corrected areas.

ie. one persons "square" SWP would border other peoples "squares" SWP
in a topologically corrected manner.

Next.  Work would begin assigning 'Boundaries' to individuals of their
"Square" SWP.
Intersect points of various vectors to the Boundaries would be
registered and shared with adjoining "squares" SWP.
for example points could be intersected out and shared topologically
corrected for the shared Boundaries.

Any issues with SWP boundaries/vector matching would be corrected at
the very get-go, and people working on their SWP would be free to then
work inward freely.

I think it would be good idea to build some sort of "network" for
sharing the above information,
intersect points could be registered and checked out at any time.

Even something as simple as google groups could work if organized
correctly, it does not have to be fancy, just clear with a straight
forward method of tracking and information sharing.

This is how I would begin, roughly drafted.
I'm sure there are many other ways of going about this, and I would
also love to hear those ideas.

Good luck!

Mars