[GRASS-user] calculating slope in SRTM data from http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri May 9 04:24:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using processed SRTM data from http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/ the
current release is Version 3, which was a great improvement from V1
and 2 especially with 1/2 pixel shift, coastline boundary clipping and
filled holes.

I would like to ask others on using this dataset in calculating slope.
 I now have  a working GRASS database with SRTM imported (as integer).
 In running r.slope.aspect, do I need to do further pre-processing of
the SRTM DEM? The 90m pixel size is OK for the purpose of the
research.

cheers,
maning

--
| __.-._ |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda |