[GRASS-user] Compilation / versions mess up

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:59:39 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Some months ago I checked out the grass6.3 code using svn. Back then
6.3 was still development. I ended up with a grass_trunk directory and
grass63 installed, all happy and fine.

Today I went to the grass_trunk dir, issued svn up and compiled &
installed grass. To my surprise, I now have grass70 and the old
grass63 installed. In order to stay away from the bleeding edge
(grass70) and use 6.3, do I need to check out a new grass directory?
Or is grass7.0 sort of stable?

And how about removing the installed version. I should just delete the
/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn directory and the executable in /usr/bin?

Cheers and many thanks
Daniel