[GRASS-user] Compilation / versions mess up

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 21:55:49 EDT 2008

Daniel Victoria  wrote:
> Some months ago I checked out the grass6.3 code using svn.
> Back then
> 6.3 was still development. I ended up with a grass_trunk
> directory and grass63 installed, all happy and fine.
>
> Today I went to the grass_trunk dir, issued svn up and
> compiled &
> installed grass. To my surprise, I now have grass70 and the
> old grass63 installed. In order to stay away from the bleeding
> edge
> (grass70) and use 6.3, do I need to check out a new grass
> directory?
> Or is grass7.0 sort of stable?
>
> And how about removing the installed version. I should just
> delete the
> /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn directory and the executable in
> /usr/bin?

see the "Switch the repository" section here to change over to the dev branch 6:
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN
and
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource

but if you've already svn up'd to GRASS 7 I don't know if you can go backwards without a fresh checkout.

probably right now the trunk/grass 7 is currently stable to use, but that will not remain the case for long.

Hamish