[GRASS-user] Weird Cygwin -Grass 6.2.3 issues

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed May 14 14:02:07 EDT 2008

Manuel Francisco Maestre Páez wrote:

> @Glynn Clements: It seems that GDAL isn't working either. gdalinfo and
> ogrinfo behaves the same way as g.remove and g.region (and many others).
>
> Which libraries do i need to install?

The ones which your version of GDAL requires. If you're using the
gdal-1.3.1-1 package from the GRASS site, setup.ini says that it
requires:

	requires: cygwin jasper libpng12 libpq4 libtiff5

The Cygwin installer should take care of this automatically.

But I can't guarantee that is correct; in particular, I think that it
requires jpeg62. Try running cygcheck on cyggdal-1.dll.