[GRASS-user] Panning with r.profile or the gis.m profiler

Craig Leat craig at pid.co.za
Thu May 15 04:21:03 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> You can pan the display, but not at the same time you are trying to draw a
> profile line.

So then the best that can be done is to run multiple transects with
r.profile while outputting a file with co-ordinates, then stitch them
together and calculate the chainage from the co-ordinates? I suppose
calculating the chainage from the co-ordinates is easier than trying to
ensure the end point of one transect coincides with the start point of
the next.

Craig

PS. I'm doing some long-sections for a pipe network.