[GRASS-user] Plateau / Flatbed detection

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Fri May 16 18:51:48 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the tips guys!

My first gut reaction was to get the slope and the look for the edges
of the flatbeds and select only those edges that are close to a very
flat place.

The problem is that if there is a big mountain with steep slope
besides a plain, it will also be characterized as a flatbed.

I'll take a look at the r.terraflow TCI that Jonathan mentioned and
all the other references sent

Cheers
Daniel