[GRASS-user] setting no data color

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 22 03:39:17 EDT 2008

jim white wrote:

> Here is the color file:
>
> 0 0 0 0
> 1 127 96 40
> 2 76 153 51
> 3 0 99 0
> 4 176 48 96
> 5 204 165 127
> 6 244 244 219
> 7 127 127 127
> 8 210 44 47
> 9 158 248 255
> nv 191 233 255
> end
>
> If I can't get it to make nulls the color I want, I can change the nulls
> to zeros, but prefer to keep them null.

In what context are they showing up as white?

Is it possible that they are being treated as transparent, over a
white background? E.g. "d.rast -o ..." treats nulls as transparent, so
the null colour doesn't have any effect. If you're using gis.m, raster
layers have the equivalent option, "overlay maps from other layers
(transparent null value cells)" enabled by default. OTOH, the option
is disabled by default in the wxPython GUI.