[GRASS-user] random vector points from raster count layer?

Ken Kwasnicki ken.kwasnicki at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:45:46 EDT 2008

Hello,
I'm trying to display trees on my raster dem using v.trees3d and a
raster layer which gives me the number of trees in every 400x400m cell.
What I'm trying to do is create a point vector map that would have a
random distribution of points in every 400x400m based on my volume of
trees raster layer.   Can anybody suggest how I would do this?  I've
been trying to use r.random but so far it's not generating what I want.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks!,
Ken