[GRASS-user] gps import: definition of WGS84

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun May 25 06:43:19 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone for their answers. I've tried all the different
suggestions and the answer seems to be clear: on-the-fly projection does
not work properly in QGIS and gvSIG... Whatever I do in GRASS, I always
get correct placement of the GPS data.

Using on-the-fly projection in the other programs, I get a difference of
about 100m, so I guess it's a datum issue as Hamish suggests.

Moritz