[GRASS-user] Thanks from a new PhD

Hamner, Jesse Harrison jhamner at emory.edu
Tue May 27 18:04:49 EDT 2008

All,

My warmest thanks to the GRASS developers and to the user community. I
successfully defended my PhD in political science last week. Using perl,
Fortran, bash, and MySQL along with GRASS, I created country-level drought
data for all countries and river basins from 1947 - 2001. All that work for
two variables! :-) I then used these data to run a multitude of statistical
analyses. Hopefully my results will prove interesting to my colleagues and
the discipline. If not, at least there's a lot of pretty maps and graphs.

Anyway, GRASS on Mac OS X and Linux enabled me to ask and rigorously examine
the questions in my dissertation. Thanks again.

Regards,

Jesse

P.S. Yeah, I know, I'm not exactly a "normal" political scientist; people
say that a lot.

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.