[GRASS-user] Just a comment about the GRASS-book

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu May 29 15:45:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Tom I have it (3rd ed.). I have also (from a friend) the 2nd edition in
> which I have seen for instance a detailed part about FFT. And I was
> wondering about the 1st book. I've read the contents of the 1st book and
> I have the impression that having the 2nd and the 3rd I am covered.

We had to take out some content due to the 400 pages restriction from Springer
(otherwise they have to do a more costly binding and such). Our draft was
about 600 pages for the 3rd edition :)

We can check with Springer if we can put out the omitted parts from the
previous editions (esp. FFT, orthophoto). Maybe, once they are no longer
sold they don't mind. We'll keep you posted.

Best,
Markus