[GRASS-user] GUI equivalent of command

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 30 18:14:52 EDT 2008

The d.* commands are replaced in the GUI by GUI functions. That is, with few
exceptions, you can't call a d.* command from the GUI because they are for
x-monitors only--and the GUI display is a TclTk or wxPython canvas. There
are GUI equivalents for most d.* commands.

For querying, make sure that you have set the computational region to match
the display extents before querying.

Michael

On 5/30/08 2:00 PM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:10:28 +0200
> From: Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] GUI equivalent of command
> To: "H.S.Rai" <hs at raiandrai.com>
> Cc: GRASS user list <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 21:07 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 00:25 +0530, H.S.Rai wrote:

>>> Where is GUI of "d.*" commands? I could not find GUI equivalent of
>>> d.what.rast, I am using Grass 6.2.2.
>>
>> Rai,
>>
>> my quick-feedback:
>>
>> On the Map Display you need to use the Query button (AFTER the "Zoom
>> to..." and BEFORE the "Measure" buttons).
>>

> Well, the Raster > Query by coordinates (which is r.what). d.what.rast
> is for the X monitors. If I am wrong please correct me.

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213